At the PCTSCPA, our mission is to professionally support the members of the Panhandle Chapter as they work toward professional pursuits as CPA’s.
One goal of the Chapter is to provide its membership with high quality, affordable Continuing Professional Education while cultivating professional cooperation and social interaction among the members. The Chapter is very successful in retaining excellent speakers and local facilities are quite comfortable for a positive learning environment at these seminars.
Additionally, the Panhandle Chapter manages a healthy scholarship commitment to area students as they are the future of the accounting profession. The members continue to elevate the standard of proficiency, integrity and excellence within the profession as strong candidates are sought to receive the multiple scholarships available to be awarded each year.
2016-2017 Board of Directors Panhandle Chapter TSCPA
President Chris Pace
President Elect Shannon Brittain
Vice President Karis Burgess
Secretary Greg Ogburn
Treasurer Kyle Glasscook
Director - Jodie Jones
Director - Preston Branch
Director - Jacob Young
Anne Carpenter (5/31/17)
Alicia Pickens (5/31/19)
Selena Fogg (5/31/19)
For a full list of committee descriptions, please consult your directory.
Accounting and Auditing
This Committee is responsible for the planning of the two-day, 16 CPE hour Accounting and Auditing Seminar that is usually offered in May of each year.
The Tax Committee organizes the two-day, 16 CPE hour Tax Institute that occurs in August of each year. The committee considers recommendations made on evaluations submitted by participants during previous Tax Institutes and current tax issues in selecting topics. After determining the topics to be presented, committee members determine the best speaker for each topic and contact these potential speakers. We are required to offer a four-hour Ethics course every other year (odd numbered years).
Historically, this has been a major fundraiser for the Chapter so that we can give back to our members by offering an eight CPE hour Tax Update in December of each year at a minimal fee.
Business, Industry and Government, BIG Committee
The BIG Committee organizes the two-day, 16 CPE hour BIG Conference usually held in October of each year. The committee considers recommendations made on evaluations submitted by participants during previous BIG conferences and other current issues in selecting topics. After determining the topics to be presented, committee members determine the best speaker for each topic and contact these potential speakers. We are required to offer a four-hour Ethics course every other year (even numbered years).
William J. Haggard Scholarship - $1,400 scholarship awarded to an outstanding WT accounting student based on interviews by the scholarship committee and coordinated with WT accounting professors. The accounting professor screens the applicants and presents a list of candidates to the committee. The committee interviews should be conducted in March of each year. The chapter pays $2.50/member each year to the WT Foundation Fund set up for the Haggard Scholarship. The chapter also pays the fund for memorials designated for scholarships.
Panhandle Chapter CPA Scholarship - $1,200 scholarship awarded to an outstanding WT accounting student based on interviews by the scholarship committee and coordinated with WT Accounting professors.
UIL Accounting Scholarships - Five scholarships of $500/year to the top five scorers of the District UIL accounting competition from the schools within the 25 counties that comprise the geographic area of the Panhandle Chapter of the TSCPA. A recipient can only receive the award once even if they are one of the top five scorers for more than one year during High School. The scholarships are renewable for up to five years as long as the following criteria are met:
Must be an accounting major
Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
Enrolled with full time status
Renewable for 5 years
Must attend a Texas College or University (TILF requirement)
The Panhandle Chapter counties are:
Outstanding CPA of the Year Award
Robert J. Hibbetts - Outstanding CPA of the Year Award
ALL Members - 100th Anniversary 2013-2014
John Doucette 2012-2013
Roger Haynes 2011-2012
Karen Cooley 2010-2011
Michael D. Williams 2009-2010
Michael W. Young 2008-2009
Kimberly Clark 2007-2008
Cindy Garner 2006-2007
Mark R. Ensign 2005-2006
Mike W. Young 2004-2005
Rhonda L. Russell 2003-2004
Elizabeth Pulliam 2002-2003
Danny L. Bishop 2001-2002
Steven P. Welsch 2000-2001
Johnny I. Moore 1999-2000
Steven P. Welsch 1998-1999
Samuel B. Lovelady 1997-1998
William L. (Bill) Dickey 1996-1997
Johnny Moore 1995-1996
James D. Elza 1994-1995
Cindy Kile 1993-1994
Cindy Kile 1992-1993
K. Bart Templeton 1991-1992
James E. Jenkins 1990-1991
Michael D. Williams 1989-1990
James D. Elza 1986-1987
Johnny Lacy 1985-1986
Curtis A. Crofford 1984-1985
James E. Jenkins 1983-1984
Earl E. Whitten 1982-1983
Larry Pickens 1981-1982
John Puckett 1980-1981
Brooks Wilson 1979-1980
Earl D. Pharis 1978-1979
Selena Fogg 2015-2016
Alicia Pickens 2014-2015
Anne Carpenter 2013-2014
Mark Fields 2012-2013
Lyle (Cory) Joiner 20112012
Lyle (Cory) Joiner 20102011
Mark Gilliland 2009-2010
Roger Haynes 2008-2009
Richard Blankenship 2007-2008
Tammie Coffee 2006-2007
Dennis Spear 2005-2006
John Kletchka 2004-2005
Jerry McMillon 2003-2004
A. John Doucette 2002-2003
Ross Kerns 2001-2002
Joe K. Howell 2000-2001
Mark Christy 1999-2000
Connie Tommerup 1998-1999
David Byrd/Johnny Moore 1997-1998
Mike Young 1996-1997
Doug Conder 1995-1996
Clay Allen 1994-1995
J. Michael Connor 1993-1994
William L. Dickey 1992-1993
Terry Sheldon 1991-1992
Johnny Moore 1990-1991
Cindy Kile 1989-1990
Bruce Gimour 1988-1989
Rhonda Russell 1987-1988
James D. Elza 1986-1987
Norman K. Stewart 1985-1986
David V. Eck 1984-1985
Judy Glenn 1983-1984
Bart Templeton 1982-1983
Steve Messagner* 1981-1982
Johnny Lacy 1980-1981
James C. Davis* 1979-1980
James Pace* 1978-1979
John Puckett* 1977-1978
Morris G. Moreland 1976-1977
James B. Davis, Jr. 1975-1976
C. James Mans 1974-1975
Douglas N. Perkins 1973-1974
Curtis A. Crofford* 1972-1973
Bob G. Zenor* 1971-1972
Weldon Hacker 1970-1971
Bobby L. Legg 1969-1970
William M. Francis 1968-1969
James E. Jenkins 1967-1968
James D. Buckley 1966-1967
Earl F. Whitten 1965-1966
Billy Jack Howell* 1964-1965
Donald L. Rowe* 1963-1964
E. W. Woods* 1962-1963
Lloyd A. Thomas* 1961-1962
Rupert L. Dowell, Jr. 1960-1961
Lawrence G. Pickens 1959-1960
Robert F. Brown* 1958-1959
Brooks Wilson 1957-1958
Leonard H. Gerhardt 1956-1957
S. L. West* 1955-1956
Michael R. Lindsey* 1954-1955
Zed Doshier, Jr. * 1953-1954
William J. Fellers 1952-1953
Maurice C. Finley* 1951-1952
D. L. Shelton* 1950-1951
John R. Sanderson* 1949-1950
John R. Sanderson* 1948-1949
Robert Hibbetts* 1947-1948
Leon L. Hoyt* 1946-1947
Wilbur E. Swenson* 1945-1946
Wilbur E. Swenson* 1944-1945
Wilbur E. Swenson* 1943-1944
Leon L. Hoyt* 1942-1943
Leon L. Hoyt* 1941-1942
Michael R. Lindsey* 1940-1941
Walter C. Russell* 1939-1940
|The Panhandle Chapter is proud to offer a variety of one and two day conferences and seminars on current, relevant topics of interest to CPA’s and financial professionals. Check this page often for updated information on newly formed classes or for registration information on current classes.|
|As a service to members of the Panhandle Chapter of TSCPA, advertisements for available positions may be posted on the website free of charge. Non-members are welcome to advertise also for a nominal fee of $75 per ad.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with exact advertisement wording. Non-member ads will be posted once payment has been received.
TEAM UP WITH US!
Come join our team at Stewart, Martin, Dudley & Webb, P.C. SMDW is currently seeking an experienced auditor that will plan and supervise audit engagements and recognize, research and perform moderately complex accounting and auditing areas.
• 3+ years Public Accounting experience
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• Certified Public Accountant license preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SMDW is also seeking an experienced (3+ years) tax accountant to prepare more complicated tax returns and do tax research as needed. Partner potential available.
Send resume to P.O.Box 669, Amarillo, Texas 79105 or e-mail to email@example.com
Glenda McCrary PC
Glenda McCrary PC is seeking a part-time seasonal tax preparer for the 2019 season (January or February through May). Will consider all levels of experience but prefer at least 3-5 years of income tax preparation experience. Hours are flexible and pay will be based on experience.
Please send resume to Glenda McCrary at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 1619 S Kentucky, D1800, Amarillo, TX 79102.
OILWELL OPERATORS, INC.
Vice President of Accounting and Finance
The Vice President of Accounting and Finance position works closely with the President providing monthly financial statements, P&L reports, and budgeting analysis. The V.P. assists in generating acquisition based proforma cash flows with direct input on acquisition and divestures. The V.P. will also work directly with operations to track and report all expenses as well as lead all communications with first purchasers
Responsibilities and Duties
• Generate timely monthly joint interest billing statements, manage accounts payable, and oversee timely filing of all necessary federal, state, and county reports.
• Oversee the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and information reports. As needed, present these reports and analyses to the Board and Shareholders.
• Manage and oversee all first purchasers, any ownership changes/transfers for both working and royalty interest owners including pay decks and unclaimed property.
• Work directly with the President and Operations to produce monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets.
• Oversee and direct policies and programs ensuring fiscal soundness and provide leadership in the areas of finance, accounting, tax, compliance, internal audit, budgeting (capital and operational), planning, cost control, information technology and investor relations. Information technology includes oversight of all accounting/finance software, computer systems, and internal controls.
• Support the Board, President and executive management team in the identification, evaluation and execution of all significant acquisition and divestiture opportunities, providing specific input and recommendations for capital funding, evaluation input and assessment, risk management and pro-forma financials.
• Review existing operational accounting capabilities with a focus on continuous improvement and scalability and, where necessary, design and implement new processes and reports that enhance operational excellence.
• Jointly with the President, assess insurance program needs including Directors and Officers, operations liability and Well Control coverage. Coordinate with insurance underwriters and negotiate premium amounts and structure.
• The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a specialization in finance or accounting; either coupled with a CPA and/or MBA; while not required, is highly desired.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of upstream oil and gas in increasingly responsible financial and accounting positions.
• Working knowledge of WolfePak oil and gas accounting software is desired.
Interested candidates please reply by sending your resume and cover letter via email to RJ Cree at email@example.com
Edward Scott and Companies
POSITION TITLE: Accounting Manager
Edward Scott and Companies
REPORTS TO: VP Management/Marketing
LOCATION: Amarillo, Texas
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversee accounting functions and duties for multiple entities in a small, collegial environment.
• Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities
• Compile all tax-related information for yearly tax filings, including processing 1099s
• Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position
• Work collaboratively with outside tax accountant
• Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
• Conduct bank account reconciliations
• Record payroll journal entries, reconciling expenses to ensure ledger matches payroll register
• Book and record bank deposits, work with credit card transactions
• Process vendor invoices for timely payment
• Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
• Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology
• Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
• Review of financial statements and maintain General Ledger for a diverse mix of business entities
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
• Experience with Access a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Strong planning, multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Sound judgment
• Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
• Strong problem solver with the ability to analyze
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced professional environment
Interested candidates reply by sending your resume via a cover e-mail to Muff London at firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnson & Sheldon, PLLC
We are a growth oriented, full service, Amarillo CPA firm that offers our professional staff competitive salaries based on their qualifications and experience, excellent benefits and growth opportunities. We also offer flexible work schedules, national firm continuing education and training through the RSM Alliance, are open to ideas and suggestions and are committed to the success of both our staff and clients. We currently seek and are accepting resumes for the following positions:
• Professional Tax Accountant, with 5 or more years of experience, which requires either a CPA license or currently seeking certification. Job duties include tax return preparation and compliance, optimization and consulting with clients. Position offers long term growth opportunity for qualified applicant in a career in Public Accounting.
Send resume and salary requirements to P.O.Box 509 Amarillo,Texas 79105 or e-mail to email@example.com. Also visit our website for more information at www.amacpas.com.
Johnson & Sheldon, P.C.
We are a growth oriented, full service, downtown Amarillo CPA Firm that offers our professional staff competitive salaries based on their qualifications and experience, excellent benefits and growth opportunities. We also offer national firm continuing education and training through the RSM US Alliance, and are committed to the success of both our staff and clients. We currently seek and are accepting resumes for the following positions:
• Professional Auditors, with 0 to 5 or more years of experience, which requires an accounting degree and either a CPA license or currently seeking certification. Job duties include financial statement audits, reviews, compilations and other related types of audit engagements. Internships for accounting students in their final year of education will also be considered.
Send resume and salary requirements to P.O. Box 509 Amarillo, Texas 79105 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also visit our website for more information at www.amacpas.com.
Bragg & Davison, Dalhart, Texas
Staff Accountant-This job will provide you with a variety of experience in public accounting. You will be preparing federal and state tax returns. Other jobs will include working in QuickBooks to prepare financial statements and tax trial balances. You will be preparing payroll, sales and franchise tax returns. You will also be paying bills and doing bookkeeping for clients.
BBA in Accounting or Business with a minor in Accounting. Tax, QuickBooks and Microsoft Office experience a plus. Good computer skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Experience in Ultra Tax would be a good asset.
Please mail, fax or email your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to 806-244-7202 or email@example.com . Bragg & Davison, 1616 Tennessee Ave, Dalhart, TX 79022.
Find current news and happenings about the Panhandle Chapter here! If you have an idea for a submission or article, please contact Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCTSCPA does not provide member e-mail addresses to any outside party, including members of PCTSCPA, except as allowed through the “Member Directory” on PCTSCPA’s web site.
The extraction of large amounts of information from the PCTSCPA database, sometimes referred as “data mining”, is expressly prohibited. No one, member or non-member, may gain access to the PCTSCPA “Member Directory” on the PCTSCPA web site in order to “mine” member data.
Non-members of PCTSCPA are forbidden from utilizing the PCTSCPA web site to search for member information.
PCTSCPA will use a member’s e-mail address to communicate items of news and interest to members and for inclusion of our member directory. A member may “opt out” of receiving any communications via e-mail from us by requesting to be omitted from any or all of our PCTSCPA e-mail distribution lists.
Purposeful attempts to subvert this policy are strictly prohibited.
(To close winow click "X" in upper right)